Vino del Sol’s mission is to be your trusted source for great wine. Since 2004 we have built our reputation as a leading importer of terroir-driven wines that over-deliver in value. Known as “The Argentine Wine Specialist®,” we also market exceptional wines and sakes from California, Chile, Japan, and New Zealand. We are proud to be the exclusive U.S. importer of Altocedro, Anko, Black Cabra, Criss Cross, Crooked Path, Gen5, Kura Selections, Lamadrid, Las Cartas, Osmosis, River Farm, Taonga, Tapiz, Tassajara, Teho & Zaha, Wapisa, and Zolo. Vino del Sol also works hand-in-hand with our customers and wineries to develop client-exclusive brands that over-deliver on value for the consumer.
Vino del Sol
Latest News & Reviews
Created by Nature. Perfected by Nurture.
In 1864 Ploughman William Jones, full of hope, came to New Zealand in search of gold. Riches eluded him and he returned to his farming craft where he eventually purchased virgin land in Marlborough. Four generations of sons of the soil later and it’s clear that William did in fact strike gold after all; his Marlborough soil is producing liquid gold.
River Farm is fortunate to have family owned vineyards in both the Wairau and Awatere Valleys. Although both valley’s are located in Marlborough, they each have differences in soil and climate forming their own unique characteristic fruit flavors.
River Farm Sell Sheet » Click here
New Reviews from Wine Enthusiast
- 92 points: Zaha Cabernet Franc '19
- 91 points: Tassajara Chardonnay '21
- 90 points/Best Buy: Altocedro La Consulta Select '20
- 90 points: Crooked Path The Wanderer '19
- Best Buy: Gen5 Cabernet Sauvignon '20
- Best Buy: Zolo Sauvignon Blanc '21
New Reviews from James Suckling
- 96 points: Tapiz Malbec Black Tears '17
- 94 points: Tapiz Retrato por Jean Claude '17
- 93 points: Zaha Malbec '19
- 93 points: Tigerstone Malbec '19
- 92 points: Altocedro Malbec Reserva '20
To be your trusted source, Vino del Sol must be sustainable. To achieve that, Vino del Sol only works with wineries that are estate-grown, sustainably farmed, and family-owned.